Join the New Hampshire Food Alliance and New Hampshire Eat Local Month in a virtual scavenger hunt celebrating our local food system.
WEEK ONE: Who’s Your Farmer? (August 5 – 11, 2018)
- A farmer at your local farmer’s market
- A farmer you’ve never met before
- Meat at the farmer’s market
- Sample of cheese at a farmer’s market
- Farm animal in a field
- Heirloom fruit or vegetable
- Farm that sells textiles (wool, fur, etc)
- Pots of fresh herbs for sale
- Carton of eggs
- Basket of PYO berries
The first person to finish the list, or the person with the most items found, will win a fantastic prize: A gift certificate to a farmer’s market near YOU sponsored by Vital Communities Valley Food and Farm.
Remember that all items found must be produced in NH, and always ask before taking a photo. See the full details below.
How to Participate:
- Download Instagram on your phone, or use your existing account. Follow the instructions to create an account, or log in.
- Follow @NHEatLocalMonth and the @NHFoodAlliance to receive each week’s list. Each account will post the weekly hunt.
- Find and photograph one of each of the items on that week’s list.
- After finding an item, post the photo to your Instagram account. In the photo’s description, say what the item is and tag it with #nheatlocalhunt so it can be counted!
- Continue to post your finds as the week goes on. All finds must be posted for that week by Saturday at midnight.
- After the week ends, the NH Food Alliance team will count the entries and announce a winner!
You could win one these four weekly prizes:
A gift certificate to a farmer’s market near YOU, sponsored by Vital Communities Valley Food and Farm
A gift card to a Food Co-op near YOU, sponsored by the Monadnock Food Co-op
A gift card to the NH Made online store
A gift provided by the NH Department of Agriculture, Markets, and Food
Thanks to our very generous sponsors!
Make sure to participate throughout August
The person with the most finds for the entire month will win our grand prize:
An overnight stay at the Colby Hill Inn in scenic Henniker, NH, generously provided in connection with NH Farm to Restaurant. This beautiful country eco retreat features 14 guest rooms. The inn also offers a farm-to-table driven restaurant named The Grazing Room and full catering services for events and weddings, up to 120 guests, on its 5-acre property, which includes a barn that dates back to the 1840s.
Rules of the NH Eat Local Hunt
- The NH Eat Local Hunt begins on August 5th and ends on September 1st.
- All products found must be made or produced in NH.
- All entries must be tagged with #nheatlocalhunt to be counted!
- All photos submitted must be your own, and always ask before taking a photo.
- The weekly winner will be whoever has the most finds by midnight on Saturday. The grand winner will be the person who has the most tagged finds by September 1st.