In November 2009, a group of community members gathered to explore the concept of a Local Living Economy. The BALLE Network has its own definition, but what does it mean to us – citizens of the Monadnock Region?
Here is a small sample of ideas to describe a Monadnock Local Living Economy – What would you add?
The Monadnock Local Living Economy is a place where:
- All citizens can have a great quality of life.
- Our basic needs are met within our community and region.
- Individuals realize that they are beyond the worth of their jobs.
- Leadership helps identify common ground and overarching community goals.
- Citizens are creating a new definition of what our needs really are.
- Individuals and banks are investing in social capital.
- We are working cooperatively and collaboratively.
- All citizens are engaged and feel included.
- Celebrating our community.
- We are thinking of our community as a system.