These local organizations, businesses and community groups are already contributing to our local economy and community in diverse and important ways.
Contributions such as:
- Encouraging charitable giving
- Paying staff to volunteer for local agencies
- Purchasing local products, when possible
- Giving incentives for walking or biking to school or work
- Offering support to local businesses
- Supporting farmers and a healthy regional food system
- Encouraging citizen participation
- Growing a community garden
- Marketing local events and products
- Developing community-wide health education initiatives
- Supporting smart growth policies
- Contributing to our community’s guiding documents (master plan, land use regulations)
- Setting policies and guidelines to support our local economy
- Promoting conservation of our natural resources
- Providing jobs and contributing dollars to the local economy through a locally-owned business
- Bringing people together to network and solve local problems
This collage of logos continues to grow! If you are a business owner or leader of a non-profit or community initiative and would like to be added to this collage, please send an electronic version your logo (JPG) to jen(at)hannahgrimes.com.
Feel free to forward this announcement to other businesses, non-profits and community initiatives helping to build the Monadnock Region’s local economy and community.