Future of Farming in a Changing World Conference
Creating a Robust, Sustainable & Community Based Food System
March 25, 2017, 9 to 4:30
Monadnock Center for History and Culture
19 Grove Street, Peterborough, NH
- Growing the next generation of farmers
- Cutting edge technology solutions to support farmers
- Models for growing, processing, and distributing sustainably grown food
- Climate change and its impact on farming
- Farmland access-matching farmers to farmland
Keynote speaker: Philip Ackerman-Leist, Professor of Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems, Green Mountain College, VT; farmer, and author of Rebuilding the Foodshed: How to Create Local, Sustainable & Secure Food Systems.
Talks and panel discussion include:
- John VanHoesen, Associate Professor of Geology; Director Natural Resource Management, Director Geology program, Green Mountain College, VT
- Hannah Bissex and students, Farm to Fork program, Cornucopia Project
- Ryan Owens, Monadnock Conservancy
Check in: 8 to 8:45am; program begins at 9am (pre-registration suggested as there are only 100 seats)
Registration: $25/per person, register here; $15/student rate, register here. Student rate sponsored by Broadfork Company. Please register early, as seats are limited.
Lunch: Light/local ‘Soupfest’ lunch included. Will offer vegan, dairy-free and vegetarian options.
Post-conference dinner option: Visit our friends at Harlow’s Pub (across from the conference) and receive a 5% discount on your meal.
Let us know if you would like information on supporting this event by contacting Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One thought on “Registration Open: Future of Farming Conference”
Reblogged this on Monadnock Matters.