March 1 @ 10:30 am – 6:30 pm
TEDxManhattan: “Changing the Way We Eat”
Viewing Party in Keene
A Sustainable Food Movement Event
Saturday, March 1, 2014 – 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
At Antioch University New England in Keene, NH
COST: FREE! Lunch & Snacks Provided – PLEASE RSVP
Join us for a live webcast of the sold-out TEDxManhattan: Changing the Way We Eat Event held in New York City. Food and farming leaders from around the nation will share their insights and expertise on sustainable food movement issues, impacts and innovations.
TEDxManhattan speakers include:
– Tom Colicchio: Chef/Owner, Craft Restaurants; Head Judge, “Top Chef” – Tom appeared in A Place at the Table, Participant Media’s documentary about food insecurity in America.
– Nikki Henderson: Executive Director, The People’s Grocery – Nikki runs a non-profit organization working to improve the health and economy of the West Oakland community.
– Michael Rozyne: Executive Director, Red Tomato – Michael directs a non-profit produce ‘food hub’ based in Plainville, MA.
– David Binkle: Director of Food Services, Los Angeles Unified School District – David oversees a program that provides over 650,000 meals daily by a team of 4,000 employees.
A full list of speakers is available at: http://tedxmanhattan.org/speakers/.
About TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat”
This annual event is sponsored by Change Food. TEDx events are licensed through TED but are independently organized events: http://tedxmanhattan.org/about/.
– Monadnock Food Co-op
– Antioch University New England Advocacy Program
– Monadnock Farm & Community Coalition
– Keene Community Garden Connections